Rally Drivers Warned To Not Drive Careless In Upcoming Phoenix Event Or Else

It's only fair to share...Share on Facebook
Tweet about this on Twitter
Share on LinkedIn

Receiving a guilty verdict should not worry you so much because it need not be the end of the road for you. This is more so if you were sentenced in a lower court. You can easily request for your case to be heard in a higher court, which could change the decision of the lower court through filing an appeal. Appealing a Conviction frequently involves some very different rules that are quite complicated, making it best to hire a professional criminal defense lawyer. Most law firms offer full criminal defense services which include appeals to higher courts.

The court rules very strictly require that you file the notice of your charge for careless driving ON appeal within a very short time. You will be necessary to submit within fourteen days if you want to appeal to the magistrate court and not more than twenty-one days if you are looking to appeal to a superior court. This should happen from the time of sentencing and conviction. The time to file is very crucial because if you attach it after the mentioned days, it could be denied. There will be a notice, different from the appellate brief your lawyer will also prepare on your behalf.

The courts of appeal will only entertain these calls that raise questions of law or legal principles in the previous verdict. When it comes to an appeal, the court will not conduct a rehearing of the case, but they will focus more on then legal issues that you will raise in the appeal brief. This will involve arguing principles of law, which means that you will need to hire a criminal appellate lawyer for your appeal.

Against conviction- You could appeal a conviction to a higher court and base it on the transcript of the proceedings in the lower court. The appellate court will not entertain any questions that will arise from the facts that were tried or heard in the lower courts unless you can prove exceptional circumstances existed. Once they hear the legal arguments, they may substitute your conviction judgment with an acquittal, or they could return the case back to the lower court for a re-hearing.

Against sentenceРYou could also appeal your sentence to a higher court, and you can site grounds like that the lower court committed a mistake in the imposition of a penalty that is outside the range prescribed for the offense. The judge might have failed to consider the facts that could have entitled you to a lower penalty.  Since the penalties for offense are fixed by law, a criminal lawyer will be best to assist you in arguing the appeal against your sentence.